Tuesday 10 August 2010

TransRockies day 3

Today was a classic TR stage - empty it out on a road then cross a massive mountain pass in no easy fashion.  Just had to keep moving.  It was hard, everyone suffered the big day out. Good weather and reasonably fun descent, one of those days that has a hundred racer news dramas to find out a tent city after.  Lonn and Steve had some mechanicals.  Pat and Craig seemed good.  Trish and Alana, and Mical and Jeff (thanks for the post race clothes generosity) seemed great today.  The Belgians are happy.  Geoff Clarke outrode his bike's ability to tolerate his power unfortunately.  Ken Hurd is making it along with some stitches.  Cory Wallace is lighting it up.  I'm impressed by the efforts of my co-workers, I'll need to re-open the gap on them with more riding if their improvement continues ; )

But Darren and I departed, along with the rest of the FirstEnergy crew.  Back to reality, I'll miss bike race world.

What I've learned is never balk on showing up due to lack of self confidence, within a reasonable realm of preparation of course.  Too much fun is at stake.  Also sleep is something I need more of, especially when going hard in the great outdoors.  Simplicity would be a great thing too.  Mud and two wheels are simple... who knows about the rest of my existence.  It's all what you make of it.

Hope everyone else out there continues to have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment