Sunday 14 February 2010

Alberta Beef Stew

Craig and I car pooled down to Glenmore to start a big ride with Ken and Thomas today... I was hoping I'd be up for it.  The morning phone call was my alarm after not too many hours of sleep, and from waking to drinking coffee to the first couple of hills, I felt definitely not up for it.

On the third hill in I felt normal and had good legs for the rest of the day, and no fade at the end of the ride which was satisfying.  I'll do my fading after dinner when I go lights out - two big rides and a concert in between (not ideal recovery) leaves me craving my pillow.

We did a highlight tour of some of the best gravel roads down south, Ken and Thomas seemed to agree that they'd be worth committing to memory for future visits.  We had Alberta Beef Stew at Priddis which left 3 of the 4 of us feeling warm and satisfied, and one not so much on the same level of satisfaction.  Mostly a beauty day, and again I'm testing if this Icebreaker clothing is worth its price - so far the answer is yes.

That's about 250km this weekend in chilly feeling conditions - I need to sleep in tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Haha... Thanks for your discretion Eric – "Not so much the same level of satisfaction" captures the moment well ;-)

    ReplyDelete