Thursday 2 July 2009

BC Bike Race Day 5

Today was shortened either for logistics or to please those who found yesterday too long, so we slept in a half an hour which was much appreciated.

Neutral start let us warm up a bit before the first climb, at which time I found out I was feeling pretty good today as I climbed with a good group.  Usually on the climbs its a safe assumption that Devin is just softpedalling behind me at half throttle, but today he was feeling more fatigue so for the remainder of the day the pace we rode his comfortable pace. 

Really nice singletrack climbing in shaded forests which made the heat a non issue.  We rode about an hour with Alyson Sydor and Leaha Davidson, they ride a smart pace and are fun to ride with.  Alyson (btw, no idea if I'm spelling that right, but I know a few spelled that way) is smooth as silk on the flowy singletrack, as is Leaha, but Leaha didn't have the love of skinnies quite the same so she walked a few. 

Fortunately the last 45 minutes is beautiful singletrack descending on Highway 102 which is super fun for everyone - it's all rideable, just people will take their own pace (versus some other parts like north shore day 1 where not everyone is comfortable).  I suspect the bee might like it quite a bit.

Devin and I had probably close to our best day in some respects - no bike issues and just steady pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment