Thursday 9 July 2009

Back from the BCBR/Back in the BCBR

The financial train wreck has hit my bottom line, but one of the first orders of business upon returning to the dreaded "real world" was my 6 month review. Bonus pool didn't turn up empty... always a good thing.



After that it was work till midnight, which happened again the next day, and I fear may happen again tonight. You know how I start "rough" at stage races? Try transitioning between two very different lifestyles on a moment's notice. Not easy... not easy at all. I often need a few days to get revved up.



Anyway, my 2010 calendar is firming up. I have officially registered for BC Bike Race 2010 as a solo, but that's really just a placeholder for the earlybird pricing. That's an awesome event. I'm indifferent between solo and a great partner, since I've had the pleasure of riding with many of my friends. Having said that, this race certaily isn't one that "needs" a partner as much as some of the others. Either way I know I'll be in the accompanyment of many deadgoats, and maybe even a Bici guy.



I've also signed up for the Wildside 2010 in Tasmania in January. Long flight, but hey, life is short. Should be fun. If not, I'm probably doing something wrong.



I've been emailing with the organizers of the Glacensis MTB Challenge in Poland. Their entries are only 25% of the 2008 version right now, and he's contemplating a reduced course for 2010. We'll see, but I'm definitely interested. Trans Provence was brought to my attention too...



I don't have much interesting to say post BCBR as I'm working too much... nothing like coming home from a riding vacation and facing three back to back 18 hour days. Crappy... but do yourself a favour and check out Cory Wallace's blog from the right hand link. Cory is a machine if there ever was one... who else finishes treeplanting, takes a week or whatever off, then rides from Jasper to Bragg Creek to do our club's Summer Solstice race and places third, then heads down to Breckenridge to dish it out in the Breck Epic. Stage 2 time 5 minutes behind Jeremiah Bishop for a guy that was treeplanting as training? Nothing but badass...

1 comment:

  1. http://www.rapidascent.com.au/AnacondaMTBEnduro/Default.aspx?e=7

    You my find this one interesting or you my know about it already.

    Where.AliceSprings,Northern Territory,Australia
    Format:7 stage mtb race over 5 days

    ReplyDelete