Monday 22 June 2009

BC Bike Race prep

Saturday Tori and I rode up Pneuma and down Race of Spades for a little BC Bike Race prep. We were both very impressed with Pneuma - thanks Jon and Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society. My new favourite climb there. Even made me think about the days when I have recreational time to ride 2-3 days a week out in the mountains and how I should get a 6" travel 30lb all mountain bike to blast around on.

I happened to come across this picture of Jon and I from last year, and Tori wants to be on the skinny, not walking beside it, so it was time for a little practice session. Nothing says easy time in a race like rolling past someone at a resting heart rate who has to carry a bike through the forest.



Tori did well, riding a few things I thought she wouldn't ride, and seeing the fun in riding that kind of terrain. Moose Mountain has so much to offer. I felt sluggish after my work week that saw the 40 hour mark passed by Wednesday at 10am, but legs felt decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment