Sunday 12 April 2009

Friday Easter Weekend

Shawn and I kicked off the easter weekend by riding together, first time on a road bike for me this year. They're neat - they sure coast better up hills, hold speed better, and shift better than a 'cross bike that's just seen 5 months of snow and slush service.

We rode basically non-stop, save for a few brief bottle fill stops, for 140k. We kept the pace sane, but considering that only 2 people divided the work of headwind duty, we were pretty darn tired at the end. I couldn't muster much energy on the last few hills into town.

I was so tired in fact, that I debated on whether or not Keith's Drumheller mission was something I could handle on Saturday... but of course I knew it was the right thing to do, and the right gang to make it fun, especially since Tori wanted to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment