Friday 24 April 2009

First week being 31

There will be better weeks going forward... I'm working on many projects, and it's snowy and cold and not feeling very "bikey" for me right now compared to all the fun layered into last weekend.

One company I'm working with is near insolvency.  It really isn't good when you have negative monthly cash flow, and your banker now says your borrowing lines are now like 20% below what you've already borrowed.  That narrows your range of options, pronto.  Gun to head is the usual descriptor.

Second is a deal that has stretched me, an endurance junkie, quite a long way.  When someone goes hostile on you at the 11th hour, it isn't exactly fun.  There's a reason a gentler adjective wasn't used in naming the concept.

I've been sick for a week and appear to be getting sicker too.  It's not actually that bad other than I don't have energy spewing forth easily, and I like having energy to burn.

Could be worse, some of the above people I'm working with are also working themselves through random tradgedies in their lives on top of the business world problems. 

When it rains, it pours (or snows).

No comments:

Post a Comment