Saturday 6 September 2008

XC8 mid race update

Craig is leading solo riders by about 15 minutes. Jeff Neilson second, Shawn Bunnin third as far as I can tell. Didn't see Dallas.

The Bee says "I'm tired" but looks pretty good. Pat (I rode with Pat for 3 laps), Trish look solid. I think Gerry is taking a breather as I see his bike in the feed zone. Linda looks solid too. I rode back with Mical after sitting down a while and she seemed to having a really good time.

The course is awesome, longer and harder than last year. Easy to ride slow, technical if ridden fast.

I'm not doing so good, about to head back to B&B to shower. Hit my head and shoulder on a tree that didn't give at all, so I got ejected to other side of trail. It was just leaning in a little from the left. Totally avoidable, not on a hard part of trail, and obviously I made it past just fine on my first 4 laps. Neck burning inside, head light and headachy. Someone gave me some ibuprofen. That was second fall of lap, more than several seasons worth. I did have a few "kinetic dismounts" this year, but those are more of the ditch the bike and land on feet thing. These were falling like a potato sack. I'm guessing mobility might not be that hot tomorrow, but we'll see.

Why? I'm guessing it might have something to do with my physical two days ago. Among other things, I did push ups, sit ups and back extensions to failure to see how many I could do. It left me a little sore. My handling has been off all day, and my reactions are slow. Feel clumsy.

The headache and the liklihood that I'm not going to get any more coordinated throughout the day make stopping seem smarter. Got 4.5 hours in.

No comments:

Post a Comment