Tuesday 16 September 2008

Midweek Mayhem Cyclocross Sept 16

Bakke and Bunnin sprint finish... and Bunnin makes it to the line first!

OK, there's a lot more to the race than that, but it sure felt good to write. Shawn and I were 6th and 7th; Chris McNeil was actually the one who laid down the smack tonight. That's the last time I'll see Shawn on the same lap finish of a 'cross race this year I bet.

Great weather, great times. Good to see a lot of the faces I haven't been seeing quite as much this year with my sparse attendance on the road circuit.

Am I even allowed to say I didn't feel much lactic burn? I think between the Bow 80, my first run of the year today (with my Ironman buddy for an entire hour, who I pleaded to take it easy on me), the fact is my body just wouldn't even go anaerobic even if I wanted it to. The end result was that today's race was just high threshold pace (not that I'm implying I'll go faster later).

Back at the office, I hope I can peel out before 10pm. Holy cow is this a wild time to be working in finance... the American financial landscape is being re-written before our eyes. Institutions that have been around for almost 200 years are going "poof" with surprising frequency... and through my Reuters screen it's a perfect almost-front-row seat.

1 comment: