Sunday 24 June 2007

Deadgoat Suffer Solstice race on Sulphur Springs

Felt great to be out. Last year I didn't race, and instead photograped the event.

1. The trails are in great shape, the recent trail improvements have done wonders.
2. Temperature was great - especially for Alberta. Not baking, not snowing, not raining, no hail. Just nice.
3. Course was done well in terms of marking and the lap arrangements.

I survived, again considering how little I've been riding lately, think I got 6th or 7th or something. I could have done without having someone wheelsuck me across the flats to the finish into the headwind. Last time I had a close finish like that, I won the little battle, and regardless there was no wheelsucking going on, it was just sprint for the finish.

Lack of riding is wearing on me... to have a BikingBakke the Bakke has to be doing at least some Biking. Racing every other weekend and not riding in between isn't really a recipe for success. I actually won a mountain bike last year in this category, now I'm suffering to hold top 10. Each passing week I weigh more and have less fitness... sort of the opposite of what's desireable.

I haven't really talked to Tori today, but I hope she had fun.

1 comment: