Friday 26 January 2007

Medical Testing

OK, this is my good news for the morning. My employer has one of these executive health monitoring programs set up, so once a year people go in for comprehensive physical exams. I'm part way through my experience, and don't have any results back yet... so this could seem positive and I could still be told I'm terminally ill in short order.

This morning I went over to Gulf Canada Square for some chest x-rays:

Technician: "Mr. Bakke, we're going to take two chest x-rays this morning, one from the side, and one from the front."
Erik: "Sounds good, thanks."

Process of two x-rays follows.

Technician: "Mr. Bakke, please have a seat over there for a few minutes, but don't put your shirt back on yet."
Erik: "OK, thanks, that was pretty easy."

Couple minutes pass, while Erik is listening to Spanish lessons on iPod.

Technician: "Mr. Bakke, we need to take one more x-ray of your chest."
Erik: "OK, should I interpret that as a good sign or a bad sign?"
Technician: "Your lungs are too large for our film, we'll need to take a second x-ray and patch the two together."
Erik: "Is this typical?"
Technician: "Usually on people over 6'6", or well developed athletes."
Erik: "Sweet, I like the sounds of that."

I like Fridays!

2 comments:

  1. " Mr.Bakke, we'll need to take another X-Ray of your head, seams your ego is too big for our film, so we'll have to take two x-rays and glue the films together"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cherish that, coming from the biggest ego around ; )

    I have no fear of having pride of good health.

    ReplyDelete