Thursday 29 September 2011

best 'cross season ever for this guy

I felt not so hot on Tuesday afternoon but decided to make it to Midweek Mayhem regardless.  Couldn’t justify skipping a nice night where lots of people would be out, and if I didn’t feel that good, no harm in just watching and chatting.

 

I did a warmup lap with Cindy, then she went out for her second with Jennifer and I did a lap with Chris.  Felt ok but not speedy (do I every feel speedy anymore?) – good enough to race anyway.  Was a few seconds behind a few people who I was in front of by a few seconds last week – that’s just how it works.  Faded harder at the end, and have been sniffling a few days since.  Overall I’m glad I went.  Best ‘cross season ever so far for weather and attendance for me, and that’s pretty much what counts these days.

 

Trying to get the sniffles behind me for a double header ‘cross weekend at COP with the Saturday night race and the Sunday afternoon race.  Looks like we might finally get some “real” ‘cross weather.  Probably will spend a bunch of weekend time at office too.

 

This week was also FirstEnergy’s annual dinner.  Good times were had, and the 10 year folks get a statue replica of one we have in the office (once the artist finishes them).  In the meantime the place holder is a bottle of wine.  Both are nice.

 

Finally saw the Gran Fondo Whistler Giro results, interesting.  Fond memories, and memory that I should try to make time to ride more.

No comments:

Post a Comment