Thursday 8 March 2007

Uggh

Started riding Mt. Lemmon this morning. Whole group, plus Alison Testrote, whom I rode with, Dallas and Mckee were going hard, Devin was going a bit faster too. Unfortunately I didn't feel well, last night I was really hot going to bed, so I went out and soaked my legs in the cold pool to adjust my body temperature. Things didn't turn out too much better in the morning, I felt ok for only a bit on the climb. I should have noticed sooner, but 200W is an easy climb, conversational, but definitely shouldn't be 155-160HR for me. Turned around and went back down, muscles aching and feeling chilly, not pleasant. Took a cab home. Had a hot shower, then slept for 3 hours sweating and shivering under a thick blanket. Had a big headache, fever, and put ice bag on my head.

Felt a tad better after dinner, and am feeling respectable now. From talking to Trish, sounds like I may have had what she had on Tuesday, a 24hr fever thing. She was fine next day, I hope for the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment