Saturday 27 August 2011

Beautiful August Weekend

Last weekend was two beautiful 5 hour days of riding in the foothills south of the city, folllwed by 5 days of 7:30am to 10pm work with maybe 15 minutes a day total riding time as my direct commute route is pretty short.  Ugh.

 

But at least I woke up feeling decent this Saturday morning and was out the door by 7am for another 5 hours down south.  So nice – no wind, a few less bugs, warm with just jersey and shorts.  Like, heavenly riding I’d say.  Too bad we didn’t have that type of weather from about March onward on the weekends.

 

I’m trying to google map scope out a few more routes, we’ll see if I have time to hit them on the long weekend coming up.  I’m not riding very fast these days, plus it’s hilly, so 5 hours gets me maybe 120-140k depending on rounding the time up or down a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment