Wednesday 22 June 2011

30 years ago today

Dad says I learned to ride a bike 30 years ago today, who would’ve thunk it’s the same way I got to work today, the same thing I did last night on a nice summer solstice ride from Priddis:

I couldn't find a photo of you on just two wheels, but this was from the weeks before.  3 years, 2 months, 5 days old and you were off to the races, so to speak, on two wheels.  I think the right photo shows you were into speed early on.

I'll never forget that day, you started on the bike path across from Irma Hall's house, and rode around the ball field to the left field area where the path went down the slope and turned.  I was laughing so hard I had trouble keeping up with you.

Bill
Apparently the basic little mechanical odometer said first summer was 256 miles.  I don’t really remember much other than the first ride by the baseball field and associated soft landing in the grass, a ride to grandpa’s house which was relatively far for that equipment (~5 miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment