Friday 15 October 2010

ZR1 Corvette

The day consisted of a leadup to doing hotlaps in a ZR1. Before I get to that...

Skills building all morning. Race track laps all afternoon... Warmup for the autocross.

Autocross warmup I pulled citizen win time, instructor beat me. After that, I got down within a second of the instructor... but braked late on finish and broke the finish-stop line by a foot. So a 2 second penalty. Having said that, the winner who ran without penatlies was 1.2 seconds back. I think I was 4th even with a 2 second bump. Oops. So fun, and yes I'm fixating on this stuff, love going fast, busted by a foot!

Now for the grand finale - hotlaps with pro drivers in ZR1 Corvettes. These are race cars. $140,000, 640hp bundles of supercharged joy. True performance car, full real deal. So unreal, so fun. This is by far the most intense motor vehicle I've ridden in (on pavement).

No comments:

Post a Comment