Saturday 7 November 2009

Luck on my side

Things seem to be going my way lately. Our whirlwind tour was productive - both on the yes and no side of business, we've made progress on a few fronts. The weather in Toronto was great, I wish I could stay this weekend and ride bikes.

Seeing McKee and Allas for beers/breakfast was fun on both counts. McKee is full throttle still, I expect nothing less out of that guy. I guess full throttle is what we have most in common, whether it be bikes or work. Allas is full throttle on PE and M&A, good to hear. That's 50/50 on my last minute "you available by any chance to grab a bite and chat" tries, so I'll have to try again on the other two next time.

Le Germain is a beautiful hotel. I should try to stay in those more often, it's just relaxing to be surrounded by something other than the cookie cutter mass market hotel cubicles.

Allas and I had breakfast up by his place in Yorkville, which led me to inadvertently miss my flight home. I didn't even think about it until the self check in machine didn't want to help me and said go talk to a person. In the spirit of things going my way, the lady at the check in counter didn't even miss a beat.

"Sir, your flight has left."

"Ooops. Guess its plan b."

"Next flight is in 2 hours, how does that sound for plan b?"

"Pretty good. Is that still to Calgary or is luck going my way and that's a first class to Buenos Aires?"

"It's to Calgary, but we can do a first class seat."

"Thanks, that's terrific."

Now I'm sitting in one of the nicest Maple Leaf lounges I've come across, this whole trip Air Canada has actually been really great for my last minute check ins and such. I think both Tori and my assistant would prefer I improve my timeliness, but for now I'm surviving. Tori is in charge of Christmas planning this year anyway so I don't have to sweat it.

My new ipod camera has such good quality video for it's size, I'm impressed. Good for my diligence tour of a facility. I can't even picture what travel was like before modern electronics and communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment