Sunday 6 September 2009

Petty Crime




I'm kind of a cost/benefit analysis guy by trade. Let's try this one:

Cost:
- Mercedes window, center console, electronic mirror control mechanism, an ipod, $3 in change and 3x $100 Esso gas cards missing from what I can tell. For sensibility reasons I'll forgo posting the monetary equivalent personal time it'll take to do the "housekeeping" items associated with this, as my "time is money" rate I calculated off my T4 last year is getting interesting. Maybe if I'm lucky the glass can rattle for years in all the nooks and crannies of the car... Tori can attest to how much I [don't] tolerate misc. noises in the car.

Benefit:
- some bum has $3 change to buy booze with, an ipod with no earphones, and $300 in gas cards for the car he undoubtedly doesn't own. You think I'm jumping to conclusions re: a bum doing it? The big rock smelled like fresh piss (the Police guy picked it up with rubber gloves).

That's cost and benefit not balancing well.

Pure waste... whatever, who cares. Drive on.

3 comments:

  1. aw dude/ that ain't cool...
    at least you cliamed your 'stolen bike' that was in the back on your insurance right ?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be honest... that was the best part about it. I looked in the back and my precious bike was still there, untouched and unharmed. after that I basically stopped caring about the whole thing and was calm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Your bike was in the back untouched?

    ReplyDelete