Monday 19 January 2009

Near tropical January weekend

This is how weekends are supposed to be - light on office overhang, heavy on good weather and fun times with friends.

I rode a lot this weekend for this time of year. I might even go so far as saying that I rode a lot this weekend for any time of year. The magic ingredient, other than sunshine and lots of friends to ride with was definitely pancakes.

I've been murdering pancakes lately. Not too many of them, and definitely not with syrup, as I want the doughy good flavour to come through. By murdering them I mean these things get metabolized into atmospheric CO2 and little else mere minutes after consumption. Their light fluffiness makes them ideal for consumption during a ride, as you can go out and hammer right afterwards without feeling awful.

Plus they seem to have the (unexpected?) effect of improving my riding almost as much as day old muffins from the Cinnamon Spoon.

It was great to see Dallas, Mical, Craig, Devin, Keith, Shawn, Trev, Steve K, Lauchlan (sp?) out racking up the miles, along with countless others who weren't with us. Devin still seems to have kept his sprint handy in his holster post Christmas, he's quick on the draw with it!

Why can't it be Stampede time yet? The sunshine and pancakes has my body clock confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment