Wednesday 28 January 2009

Commerce flunkie

Not only am I sans credit card, but my drivers license currently is a piece of paper from a registry office, as I finally made it down last week to request a new license due to my home address changing.  As someone who's taken the ability to conduct commerce (especially simple retail stuff) for a lifespan as a given, it's odd to be in a temporary position of not being able to provide the two most asked for items - credit card and photo ID.  My substitute photo ID was always my Canadian Landed Immigrant card... but... my Canadian Landed Immigrant card expired (need new one every 5 years I think) on December 31, 2008, so I've sent mine in with my application for a new one.  The Vegreville processing office has an un-inspiring (for those in a hurry) waiting time posted of 77 days last time I checked.
 
I'm losing the basic credentials of modern society all at once here, and it's a total pain in the ass, I hope I can get everything back before I go to Tucson!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, for some reason I get a mental image of you melting away like Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future when his mom won't fall in love with his dad... You’d better do something quick!

    ReplyDelete