Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas is here

I finally feel like Christmas is here. Our work Christmas party was bordered by work both before and after, so I didn't really feel the Christmas buzz yet. the past week was more of the same.

Then before I knew it, bonus day snuck up on me. This year wasn't a pink slip, and it wasn't a boom market cheque like the past. I wonder sometimes if it really even matters.

Then I had a few fun parties this weekend, including Warren's annual tacky sweater party, where I saw some friends who have all come home for the holidays, but who aren't here often.

Next thing I know, Tori and I booked a trip to Amsterdam, totally looking forward to it. I booked a hotel, and between a few online sites and contacting the hotel directly, we're paying about 40% of their posted nightly rate and also got upgraded a few levels on room quality. Hope that works out well, seems it's a sign of the times.

I did my last minute shopping, un-investment banker-like bonus spending like a new Timex Ironman watch and a new wallet to replace my aging "Bad Mother Fucker" Pulp Fiction replica. I also found a new shower/shave kit bag at the Bay that suited my liking in that it was quite trim, but it had no price tag. The lady sold it to me quite cheap by just making up a price.

Did a lunchtime workout, then went for a massage. Talk about a nice day so far. I was smiling as I laid down on the massage table because my new Timex has plastic straps instead of metal ones like my old one - that old one has been pulling the hairs on my wrist for 5 years. It's always the little things!

That's a Seinfeld like day of absolutely nothing happening of consequence in my life, and now we're boarding our flight.

Tori and I are looking forward to Christmas in a way we're unfamiliar with once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment