Tuesday 14 October 2008

St. George, pt 2

In a 4 day weekend, I didn't get to ride half the trails that are accessible just from the doorstep in St. George, but beauties like the technical trail Zen, the smooth flow of Stucki Springs, the rollercoaster like Bearclaw Poppy, and the steeps of Clavicle Hill and The Three Fingers of Death are now stored in my memory banks. We also did a fair abount of road riding, past the Gunlock and Quail reservoirs, up the biggest hillclimb I could find to Oaks campground, and through Snow Canyon. St. George's proximity to the great outdoors, and Utah's landscapes in general, really impressed me. Tori and I rode together all weekend, which was fun.



Aunt Peggy and Uncle Bob's hosting was fantastic, we were treated to gourmet meals every night. The pool and hot tub were icing on the cake. Buddy's continual attention to everyone's wellbeing was noted as noble service.



St. George even has it's own version of the fountain of youth. I rode the middle finger of the Three Fingers of Death. Whether it's the poetic symbolism or the simple act itself, that's living!

No comments:

Post a Comment