Sunday 5 October 2008

High intensity times three

Today was the second race of the 'cross double header at the U of C, and it's safe to say I'm fully tuckered out.

Tori and I went over at around 9 to register, she was scheduled to race at 11 and I was slated for 12:15.

I saw part of Tori's race and it looked consistent with yesterday, she got 6th and is looking pretty smooth riding all the terrain.

I think I bit off more than I could chew this weekend, the race was hard.  My forearms were sore from yesterday, and my calves were sore from running, and my back from moving boxes.  I wasn't anywhere near fast, so I tried to focus on having a good time and riding skillfully where I could.  I flatted on the second last lap and ran for about 1km of the course, then Tim Brezsnyak lent me his bike for a lap... it felt sweet.

I think I finished dead last!  Time to rest up for a few days and get geared up for riding some longer rides in Utah next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment