Sunday 5 October 2008

High intensity times two

I started Saturday by riding down to the Calgary Road Runners 8k (or slightly less) trial race at Sandy Beach by Elbow Drive. First running race I've done in a long time, it was fun. I forgot to bring dry socks for after, but the 2x Elbow River crossing felt good even with 2 hours of wet feet after. Looks like I finished up 27th/114. I need to work on running downhills, that's where I'm slowest by far. The long false flat downhill is where I got killed.



After that it was coffee time at Shawn's house, the home for 3 hours of packing and moving furniture and heavy boxes.



From there it was time to head over to the university for the night cyclocross race. We watched the girls race which was well attended, and fun to watch Tori look like she meant business.



For the mens race, the first corner barrier tape got knocked over, then caught in my foot and pedal. By the time that got sorted out I was in last by a long margin. I think I passed 1-2 people a lap for a while from the tired Elites, and some of the fast Experts caught me too. I actually enjoyed the sprint through the three sand volleyball courts, that's where most of my passes were made.



After that we went down the the Art's Hotel Raw Bar for Tyler's 30th birthday. Nice to catch up with everyone, good times had by all. My spring cycling travel is going to have to be to Laguna Beach to go visit Tyler in his new place.



My calves are sore from the trail run. My back is sore from moving. Rest of my legs, and my left forearm are sore from the 'cross race. Signed up to race the 'cross race at noon today though too!

No comments:

Post a Comment