Friday 11 April 2008

Midweek ride Attempts

After the pummelling of my legs and endurance last weekend, I took Monday and Tuesday off the bike... which in theory was smart, but I should have spun out my legs at least a little. Wednesday's workout attempt didn't go so well, legs weren't waking up. Kind of like my brain on a Monday morning. Commuters were whizzing by on the path, and my interval workout was cut short since my brain and body could quickly sense the futility.

I'd hoped for improved riding on Thursday after work, but since I arrived at the office at 5:15 on Thursday, when I got home I just hit the couch and napped. I did a little riding later in the evening, but I could tell again my body wasn't up for it. I switched over to bike maintenance for an hour before bed.

I'm crossing my fingers for the weekend. I'm trying to do more of this "listen to myself" to guide my riding rather than being pre-committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment