Thursday 27 September 2007

4 hits of Thursday

I walk into the office early today to get myself settled before our 8am closing where we hand over a hefty cheque to a junoir oil co for a financing we've led. However, in ominous fashion, 10 minutes before we leave, my MD is on the phone, and from the looks of ithe's pissed. Turns out something entirely preventable, yet totally uncommunicated to our department had occured this week with a subscriber. Had someone informed either the MD or I three days earlier rather than 15 minutes before closing, it'd be but a mere hiccup. Unhappy MD and a shit show isn't the way to start the day.

A respectable lunch at Brava had my day feeling a bit more on the upswing.

Leaving at 5:30 to meet "the gang" for some cyclocross fun had the day looking downright peachy... until my chain broke. That's twice in a short time, and those are the only two breaks I've eber had. I cut the fun short and softpedaled home, as the pin was still half functional.

And on the path by the university, as I'm coasting by, some absolutely ridiculously beautiful 20 something comes around the corner onto the path, looks over and sees me cruising straight at her going probably too fast, and steps aside and just displays a cherub like smile. I can't even recall the last time I saw a face like that, she looked like she should be on some Bob Dylan album cover, since she already had the wind blown hair and earthtones fall apparel on.

That was the highlight. The lowlight was that her beauty temporarily removed my chain break from my mind, and I pedalled hard, and it broke catastrophically.

She's a menace to society, like a PG version of that chick in Seinfeld who walked around bra-less and wreaked havoc wherever her melons trod.

No comments:

Post a Comment