Wednesday 16 May 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel



After an intense night/morning yesterday, I ditched the suit for some cargo shorts and had a nice nap from about 2-5pm. Man was that ever refreshing. I woke to sunshine and birds chirping at 5pm, and decided it was time to go for a nice little spin around Nose Hill park.




The weather was beautiful, the trails were dry, and there's people up there who apparently do this sort of thing all the time. I'm definitely over-employed, but it never ceases to amaze me when I break out of the cocoon how many people there are that do things like going for walks with dogs at times of day I usually associate with work.


After a dinner of bruschetta, guacamole and crackers, I start to think immediately of bed again. But coincidentally, Nutbrown comes riding up my driveway on a shiny new rig... a Giant Anthem Advanced, just like the beauty below, and as clean as it for the time being too. So the picture above, from the Pedalhead race in Edmonton this weekend, is now ancient history. Nutbrown has moved from the VW to the BMW of bikes.

Let's start by saying this: people dropping by with new bikes, bike gadgets, bike stories, bike anything generally makes my day. The bike is sweet. Full carbon, including most of the rear linkages. The parts kit is basically the same as my S-Works Epic (a post is in order for that one, it's been long overdue). We chatted, we oogled the fancy technology on the latest toy, and it made me happy. Between Tori's Ventana, Jon's Anthem, and my S-Works, there's a few nice bikes sitting around to talk about.
What I'm worried about is how fast this is going to help Jon go. Small travel FS is exactly what the doctor ordered for that guy, and I hope it serves him well.
I see a lot of mountain biking in store this weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that picture of Nutbrown? That is an excellent photograph. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete