Saturday 19 May 2007

Back in the Swing

Wednesday night I'm commuting home from work along the bike path, when someone comes speeding up behind me and slams on the brakes in the oncoming path lane. It's Nutbrown on the brand new Anthem. With the new toy, he's eager to ride. I ask if we can stop by my place to exchange bikes and I'll head out with him for a few hours.

We make tracks around Edworthy, Bowness, Bowmont slopes, and back home. 2 hours of fun, in the dark, on the technical singletrack, seeing some local wildlife, etc. I get home at 10:15 and am glad that I didn't just go home earlier and go to bed.

I was planning on taking Thursday off to recharge for a big weekend of riding, but Devin emailed and suggested we head out to the deadgoat Thursday night ride. Once again, right choice! About a dozen of us do Sulphur Springs and Ace of Spades. Devin clobbers on the climbs on his single speed, and Pat Doyle (the event's birthday boy) seems to have the momentum game figured out on the way down. I love the one long skinny section on that trail, it's got nice flow to it.

Great way to spend a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment