Thursday 12 April 2007

Lethbride is Going to Kick My Ass

It's 10:30 on a Thursday night, and I'm going to take a breather for a little post.

I've ridden a bike 40 minutes this week. First was 20 minutes on a trainer, intending for some quality intervals, but I dismounted feeling like junk and gave up. That was two days ago.

I also commuted in today (20 mins), and will eventually commute home, so the grand total will be about an hour. It will feel hurtful riding home on the bike path in the dark, as I rode my Cervelo today, hoping to do the deadgoat road ride. But alas, I didn't make it to the club ride and am still here under the flourescent lights. The Cervelo is a road thoroghbred, relegated to cruising the bike paths at night, with my fat ass on it. I obviously don't have lights on it, as that would contradict it's beautiful esthetic.

But to make up for the lack of biking, I've been filling my time with the office.

Not what I'd call ideal preparation two weeks before first race.

1 comment:

  1. Well if it is going to kick your ass, then why don't you ride your Niner in the Lethbridge race? I know Tim is going to because he doesn't have a race bike yet.

    ReplyDelete