Thursday 5 April 2007

Anoushka Shankar

Last night was the last of the BD&P World Music Series at the Epcor center for this year. I had an extra set of tickets so Jon and Kelly came along. As luck would have it, we found other cyclists in the crowd, Finn Pedersen and Peter Lawrence were there as well.

Anoushka is a sitarist, and she seems to be experimenting with the bounds of traditional Indian music and more modern influences. I don't really have a musical vocabulary to describe what I heard, but it was unique and I liked it.

Later, I found out she's Norah Jones' sister, which I guess makes sense now that I learned Norah was born as Geethali Norah Jones Shankar, then just dropped portions of the name. More can easily be had on the web.

It's still snowing and I'm trying to figure out if I can survive another weekend of crap riding. Sunday looks nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment