Saturday 10 March 2007

Recovery Ride

After waking from a 3 hour delerious nap the other afternoon, I was supplied with some ibuprofen and dinner, and felt pretty respectable by bed time. Just the lack of spine and overall muscle ache, and no more headache was a huge relief.

I felt decent in morning, but not fantastic. We started cruising, and my heart rate and power were lining up, so physically I was a bit better, but I had no appetite or intention to push.

We did 110k relatively easy base mile ride, and stopped for a nice lunch that nobody felt like getting up from, it was so nice to sit in the sun.

Mckee was hammering into the wind on the way home, Devin, Jerry and I were fine drafting. Maybe we should have all had Red Bull smoothies for lunch.

Good dinner from BBQ master Gerry, a little freezing pool dip, and things were looking up.

We decided to make an effort to get out to the shootout, with the painful 7am start time for all of us who were getting used to sleeping in this week. 5:45 wakeup set for a hammer ride on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment