Tuesday 30 October 2012

Snowy weekend ride, promotion

I've had my title altered, likely for the last time in my investment banking career. Long road to get there, long road ahead. More importantly, in celebration, I hit the long way out to Cochrane with Jon, Kate and Craig. It could be distilled as the new most technical/challenging route to get to a town 25km west of us... great snow covered, root laden, off camber single track, followed by some overland hiking, then some rideable pipeline right of way (great new find!), and finally coffee and snacks in town. I hadn't been riding much of late, so in reality this ride is the bulk of my October riding total, and it took a lot out of me. Fun though and great day - beautiful scenery captured from the artful photography of Mr. Nutbrown. I feel like I peak in the offseason - I ride more regularly on weekend group rides, and the spin classes (starting tomorrow) help. Plus it's the most enjoyable form of riding to me - there isn't a purpose other than enjoyment. No "saving legs for racing" yet no "pushing the pace to train". It's just riding, for fun, with people who want to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment