Thursday 4 October 2012

Smashing Pumpkins

Dear Smarshing Pumpkins,

(Or is that Smashing Pumpkin in singlular since only Billy Corgan is left?).

I do love you. Your ability to transport my friends and I to our formative years of the 90's is much appreciated. 1979 is not only a great song, its the year of my girlfriend's birth. Your continued musical performance is a tribute to our collective ageing process. You are the same age as my boss, probably a similar net worth, however he has to wear a suit every day, whereby you work nights.

Your classics are golden, memorable, and transformative to me. Please never forget your musical heritage. It's ok if D'arcy Wretzky burned out on drugs and is living the remainder of life selling necklaces in a roadside stand in northern Wisconsin. That's cool. I have no idea what James Iha is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment