Tuesday 8 May 2012

Shrinking bike inventory

I'm a net seller of bikes, which happens infrequently.  It's nice to declutter a bit.  I used all of them, but some not enough to justify space in a full garage - especially one where Cindy has a few bikes too.

Kona Jake singlespeed 'cross bike has gone to a co-worker seeking an urban cruiser.  Cervelo P3 TT bike has gone to a budding triathlete.  Cindy's Specialized Stumpjumper FSR has gone to a biathlete kid who'll tear it around the Nordic Center this summer with one of my boss's kids. 

Also getting rid of basically a full bike's worth of backup parts, forks, wheels, tires by building a bike for a co-worker for the Ride to Conquer Cancer out of a frame that Stappy sourced, plus grabbing some parts from the bike store "Chez Bunnin".

So why after all this do people still walk in and say "I've never seen this many bikes in a house before?" yet to me it feels liberating to trim back?  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment