Saturday 25 February 2012

Heavenly Schweitzer

Quite possibly the best day of resort skiing I've had. The nine inches overnight was also added to all day long. Beautiful mild temps. We pulled in early for lunch at 11 and I got the first mondo burrito served of the day... and a Red Bull... like they say, it gives you wings.

First lift up post lunch had the back bowl open. Dropped in for a fresh untracked face shots run. Approached a drop I'd been eyeing yesterday; could see big open area below. Decided just to go, couple meters back from edge I could spot landing. Saw second ledge to clear, good as I then knew not to speed check, and a brief wonder if this was smart... off into silence. One one thousand, two one th- poof just so smooth and easy, like I might as well have just gone of a street curb. Probably biggest I've done.

Cycled down to Stella the sixpack chair, back to front, then up again to top to skip the double line. Get to top and they're just opening another zone of the bowl right in front of us. How can life even be this good? MDrop into the fresh that's above the knees when turning, and take the fall line off a drop I explored a wimpy side line on yesterday. Poof, face shot, stick it, ride away. So fun.

Our group dwindled to 4, from the morning's 7, kept cycling for the deep stuff. Added a few at the end off the top triple, then call it a day.

This icebreaker merino wool stuff is so nice - never wet, never clammy, not too hot either. The spin classes and threshold work all winter have been amazing - legs don't really burn at all, it's like magic. Lately some of the ski days have felt like the best I've ever had.

It's days like that are outdone by nothing more than heaven itself. It's snowing so hard now I can only see a couple hundred feet... Let's hope for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment