Monday 20 February 2012

Big biking weekend

After a killer week last week of TCR 1 hour road to Nepal rides (35k on a trainer with a group and no breaks is intense) and our office lard-off weigh in, I was tired. Friday I lounged to rest up a bit for the weekend.

Saturday ended up with Shawn and I's schedules overlapping a bit so we snuck out for 4.5 hours of gravel with a good coffee and soup stop at Guy's Cafe in Cochrane. Whipped up a take out order of indian food for Gerry, Steve, Shawn and Trish to do a TransAndes debrief and gear pick up. They liked my domestic skills regarding how clean and pleasant smelling their gear was!

Sunday started great - did one of the best feeling things in bike work - pressed in a new Chris King headset. Headed west to Cadence where Devin made an appearance - great! Shawn, Devin and I did the direct off road route out to Cochrane complete with ice flows, cow tracks and the like. Good times. Rode hard on the way home, until my bike bobbed funny and I look down to see a frame crack. Shoot. Gonna have to work that out with the builder. Shawn and I stood the last 5km home (me of necessity, him of support), then he drove me home.

Decided to make a thai soup to feel less blue about the bike - so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment