Saturday 1 October 2011

Dark Knight 'cross

Course was super technical with lots of tight corners, off camber, some sand, and the pump track!

Starts so fast up the hill, but felt ok. On the pump track first corner I went into the bushes after one of the people dressed as a banana steered off a bit. From there I was last and tried to make up a few spots back up the paved climb by the bobsled track. The fast downhill corners worked well for me, and starting lap 2 I was with Thomas Yip which was about normal.

Hung on a few more, then rear flatted. I only would have lasted 1.5 more before getting lapped by Schooler.

Highlight of the night was watching deadgoats Kyle/Steve/Ed battle and Craig/Devin who had awesome races. But not really as the cheerleaders of Shannon and Cindy were the highlight - I could recognize their voices from a long way away.

Rest up, pump up a tire, and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment