Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tuesday 'cross 3

I’m three for three on Tuesday ‘cross so far this year, which has put a big smile on my face and made the fall fun.  Beautiful weather again.  Great course layout by Keith and crew.  Great turnout.  I’m feeling consistent – each time I start and am passed by say 5 who are hammering harder off the start.  I pass them back after lap 2 and hold on for a few more laps, then a couple pass me at the end.  It’s better than going out super hard and blowing up, and I’m always milking the couple linked turn sections for an extra half second to help make up time without burning more energy since I’m pinned.  Overall I finish like roughly a dozenth out of 30 or 40 showing up for the A’s, but nobody counts that high, it’s just a guess from how many people I see strung out ahead on the first half of the lap when you can see a climb.  It was also nice to have an enthusiastic spectator out – thanks Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment