Tuesday 7 September 2010

Midweek Mayhem 'cross #1

Lap 1 - pure euphoria, feel the burn, everything I thought mattered in life is muted to irrelevance by max heart rate and lung exertion
Lap 2 - good god this hurts, I'm tired from riding all weekend. Wait a second, that's lame, look at Stappy and keith up there, holy cow
Lap 3 - mother of god Katy Curtis just dropped me like I'm standing still, super impressive, not just a slide by and ride off pass, a stomp past and fu-gett-about-it pass
Lap 4 - so tired, I need to taste death on these corners so I can coast 2 extra pedal strokes. Keith thanks for setting up bomber downhills with big sweeping left handers, this is like a test course for two wheel drift in the drops and the integrity of schwalbe side knobs
Lap 5 - the fraction of a second wind kicks in. Run this hill hard, make it hurt as much as you can take, you've faded all the places, just hang in.
Lap 6 - gonna make it, pin those last climbs. Who cares if it doesn't matter, it matters to me this very second. I want my lungs to burn for two days.

to borrow some pure chart pop, our collective cyclocross hearts got lit up like they were dynamite...


I love this stuff, and super great to see Cindy and Jan on their guest Polish visit, as well as the rest of the gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment