Friday 10 September 2010

A-Line

Holy mother of god, why didn't I start this love trio of an 8" Kona Stinky, A-Line at Whistler and I earlier in life?!

Every mountain bike skill I've tried to acquire for years took all of a run or two to transfer to this 45lb chunk of Kona on a few runs of Angry Pirate, Crank it Up, Karate Monkey, Crabapple Hits and Ninja Cougar - we felt good and were having a blast. We went straight over to A-Line to frolick all afternoon. The intro ramp on A-Line just says if you can't ride this hit you shouldn't do the rest of this run. Second run on A-Line I could take enough speed to clear all the tables, just cranking through the hairpins and feeling the g force on the suspension. Heavenly. Rolled up and did the middle GLC drop twice, then said screw it, you only live once, so took the first left and tried the bigger one. Sure, it's not huge, but it felt so damn good rolling off that rock ledge. I don't get heart in the throat enough in life.

8 of us here for the bachelor party, and no crashes yet. Two more days of downhill. This stuff is so addictive it's awesome. I wish so bad all my biking buddies could be here too, next BCBR we so seriously need some downhill time it isn't even funny.

This is the most fun I've had biking since... well... the first Tuesday night 'cross which was the last time I was biking. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I've only been there once. Rode A-Line on a Blur LT, gotta get a bigger bike next time!

    ReplyDelete