Monday 5 July 2010

BCBR aftermath

Stage 8 isn't really a "day", and it isn't on the itinerary, but this doesn't mean its any less draining.  Big banquet dinner at the Fairmont Whistler, then the night life of Whistler as interpreted at Buffalo Bill's.  Fun was greater than sleep. 

After the bus ride back with Gian, I  slept my way back to the real world.  Always a hard transition.  Let's hope tonight's weather of storm clouds on the horizon isn't the way the week goes.

I've noticed there's a couple things I'm good at in life, maybe finance, two wheeled sports and snowsports.  That's a short list.  Possibly stress management.  But that leaves the remainder of life's tasks for the adequate, mediocre or collectively lesser-of-aptitude categories.  Kinda funny actually.  At the very least it's good those mirror my general time allocation - usually!

32 feels like I'm a wiggling bug in a web; wiggle as hard as you can and the outcome never changes.

I'd take a substitute of more BC single track and racing exertion any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment