Monday 23 February 2009

Where to live

I've been on a rollercoaster lately in terms of a general desire to upgrade my living conditions. The process of design has been interesting, yet slow. The change of economy has been a consideration felt by me more than my renovator, apparently. The pace of dealing with our fine City is something different than the timelines I'm used to dealing with in pace of private business (especially that sector of business that I occupy, which I'd argue is at the more hurried end of general private business pace overall).



It's been a patience stretcher and a learning experience. The house sitting gig has taught me that I do get along pretty well in just a small old bungalow in a basement suite. Tucson has told me I'd probably find a way to make a 1973 Dodge Camper van work out just fine for the long term, as long as I could afford enough Mexican food and bike parts.



I'm 13 months into this, with little tangible to show for it - although I'd argue that the somewhat invisible commodity of prudent financial decision making along the way has been satisfying.



Let's just say I'm really hoping to end 2009 with some visible form of progress.

2 comments:

  1. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon_W0QQitemZ180331335816QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item180331335816&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

    just let me know when you're ready to go.

    ReplyDelete