Sunday 15 February 2009

Tucson bound

Tori and I are leaving for Tucson on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait. Despite a restful time last weekend, I feel burnt out. Work has been over the top... I stayed late Tuesday and Wednesday, then came in at just after 5am on Thursday. The pace was just accelerating through the day on Thursday, it's so strange sometimes. I did what I could, then at the last minute that would get me home in time, just dropped what was left and headed out. Tori had helped get my bike from Bow Cycle to home the prior day, and packed it, otherwise there's no way I had enough time. Dad drove us to the airport, where after waiting in the lineups, I slept on the tile floor waiting for our plane... then slept from takeoff to touchdown on the flight to Phoenix.

In Phoenix we picked up our brand new Toyota Corolla rental car, then found a Mexican place for dinner. Our goal is to only eat Mexican for dinner to try to satisfy the craving. We checked into our hotel around 11 PM, then slept till 10 the next morning, put together our bikes, and rode west to Gates Pass, Old Tucson studios, north for a ways, it just felt so good to be outside in the sun where the air temperature was just like your skin temperature, you didn't need 4 layers of bike clothes, and 23 mm tires were rolling on smooth blacktop. It feels so efficient and free.

We at at El Choro, the oldest Mexican restaurant in Tucson - "not good because we're old, but old because we're good". We went to bed early in preparation for the Saturday morning shootout.

No comments:

Post a Comment