Wednesday 12 December 2007

December 11

December 11 should have had a mountain bike race. After feeling bagged from La Ruta, then piling into fall corporate party season and less riding, my metabolism decided to come back for an encore appearance on the 11th.

Jurassic 5 accompanied my commute home, I don't usually wear ipod on the bike, but there's always exceptions to "the usual". The ride home was a lung searing set of anaerobic intervals. After laying down what I could for power for 30 seconds, 1 minute, 4 minutes, whatever, I'd coast and catch my breath, but my body never wanted to softpedal for more than a minute.

Upon arriving home I started doing squats and one legged squats and lunges and all that good stuff. AC/DC and Kiss encouraged me. After a grand total of 250 left my legs feeling a bit more mellow, there was no way I felt like sleeping.

It's nice when it feels like you're firing on all cylinders!

No comments:

Post a Comment