Tuesday 6 February 2007

Single speeding weekend

Talk about a great weekend of riding in January... after being out of town the prior two weekends I wanted to make sure I fit some pretty decent riding volume in. I was committed regardless of the weather, but as it turns out it was mild enough that riding wasn't a battle (about -4C Saturday, +5C Sunday). Riding in groups of 4 and 6 for the two days always makes it more fun... in total we logged about 130km on single speeds without leaving the city. Roads were sloppy, but the path system was pretty nice, we ventured around Glenmore Reservoir, Fish Creek, Elbow River and Confederation park. The highlight was definitely bombing down the giant tobogganing hill by the Glenmore Reservoir, where onlookers couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Looks like it's going to be cold this weekend for my trip down to Fernie, I'll either bring snowshoes or XC skis along with my downhill gear to get some aerobic work in.

1 comment: