Saturday 10 February 2007

Fernie Weekend

After a long night of partying Friday, most of the group was up for first lift today. Some flamed out earlier than others as last night caught up with us through the day.

I snowboarded for the morning, conditions were ok but not fantastic, I'm still spoiled from cat skiing.

I tried snowshoeing for the afternoon. It took 45 minutes to march straight up the hill, great workout. Within 30m of the top lift, I saw Craig Marshall and Vadim Demb skiing... and they weren't the least bit surprised to see me walking up the hill. After we parted ways, a guy on a snowmobile gave me a hard time about walking up, saying the hill was for downhill traffic only. We went through some mild debate, I didn't really care, I was happy to walk back down, but I didn't want to let him get away with being a jerk without a little poke in the ribs. The ski patrollers and another worker on a snowmobile earlier passed me and said "killer workout man" and stuff like that, but this guy was convinced I was a major hazard on the hill. He didn't like my idea of riding the lift down (lifts can't do that, it's dangerous... he obviously knew I was born yesterday to be that dumb). Anyway, day was great.

We're now onto a collection of Jolt, Red Bull and 4 cans of Monster (regular, low carb, Kaos and Assault). The party is not shutting down right after the hot tub tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment