Monday 21 March 2011

Moving

Moving is a lot of work.  It’s also not the best pre-Portugal training, but it’s a little hard to forgo moving to train for a bike race (unless I was comfortable with perma-camping).  I don’t really frequent places like Bed Bath and Beyond or Wal-mart, but I’ve done very concentrated shopping sprees there.  Two trips have thus far almost filled my house of needed items while draining my bank account proportionately.  A day of work by movers, several days work by mom and dad, myself, etc. have begun to create the homelike feel.  I’m down to 4 remaining “major” items – window coverings, a bbq, patio furniture and the hot tub as the icing on the cake.  After that it’s nothing but hang bikes in the garage in tidy fashion and I can get back to just a simple office + bike routine… or so I hope!  Even managed 3 rides this weekend… one where Shawn held a steady pace that ended up working me over, one where Craig, Craig, Kate and Dylan intensified my exhaustion, and one trainer ride for time efficiency on Sunday with sore tired legs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment