Monday 28 February 2011

Point and Shoot

It's been interesting lately trying to "get things done". I try to be as direct and "point and shoot" as reasonably practical - the dithering and debating happens inside, then when that phase is over I attempt to make the end result happen.

Yet I realize that execution isn't that easy. Over the years, I've tried to limit "personal transactions", primarily commercial, to no more than two at once, to avoid pile up and confusion to take hold.

There are notable exceptions like furniture from Kilian Design. I have never in my life experienced such superior customer service and overall efficacy as that place. The opposite end of the spectrum was Housebrand who did what's now Tori's house as a renovation - that clause in the contract that said "time is of the essence" has never been a more overlooked piece of boiler plate.

Punchline is that there's a handful of things I'd really like to fall into place, and soon. It's funny what I'm built to tolerate and what not. I just filled up a full tank of gas in minus 24 with bare hands and a suit, and a guy said "aren't you freezing?". I just said I wasn't really thinking about it at the moment, and funny enough the cold didn't really preoccupy me (I did read the car thermometer once I got back in though to put reference to his question). But things that should take 15 minutes that stretch to a month get me to no end.

On the bright side of it all, I know the bullseye and just how it looks with many things coming together. The question isn't IF it'll be hit, maybe it's just more of a when... hopefully not with too much delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment