Sunday 23 May 2010

Long weekend kickoff, with snow and rain

We had a few flurries and some rain to go with the cool temps, but I was just happy to be out.  Finished office at 9:30 last night, will be in at 6am on Tuesday, so in between I need to get some outdoor value time.

Bunch of 'goats rode Canmore, highline and orange loop generally.  I started slow then discovered by the end that I didn't feel totally like dog shit, even with work and training via margaritas.  Getting some quality technical in, with technical trails and a few built ins is always fun, I've rarely met a skinny I didn't like.  The drops off what I thought was a teeter aren't exactly what the Scalpel is made for, and even though it wasn't too big, I should probably limit the number of those.

Craig, Dylan and I chased each other through the Nordic Center on a hot lap at the end, fun stuff.

BBQ on Saturday night with a bunch of friends growing up.  This is the first time I've seen a 7 year old and a 5 year old play with an iPad, man that kind of technology is so seamless and effective.  The 4 year old got her hands on mom's iPod touch a year ago and just started listening to music and playing games sans instruction, which is obvious, but interesting nevertheless.

1 comment:

  1. fleuries? still? really? I think it is awesome that you can still enjoy yourself in such conditions!

    ReplyDelete